What is LASIK or Laser eye surgery?
LASIK refractive surgery is an advanced and contemporary way to decrease or eliminate your need for eyeglasses and contact lenses. During this laser procedure, your eye surgeon will direct the cool light of an excimer laser to reshape your cornea in order to correct any refractive error. LASIK can thereby resolve your nearsightedness – leaving you with sharp vision without eyewear. In general, the results are outstanding and many of our Las Vegas, Henderson, Spring Valley & Paradise, Nevada, patients enjoy crisp and clear vision after the surgery.
LASIK holds certain advantages over other vision correction procedures, such as a quick surgery, almost immediate results and minimal pain or discomfort after the surgery.
LASIK is also suitable for both nearsighted and farsighted people. If you are nearsighted, your eye surgeon will flatten the cornea appropriately, and if you are farsighted, your cornea will be made steeper. Once your cornea is reshaped properly, it functions more efficiently to focus light into the eye and onto the retina. The end result is clearer vision.
To determine your candidacy for these laser eye surgeries, visit our optometrists for a thorough eye exam and consultation. We will inspect your ocular health and vision condition to verify that there are no contraindications. Our team will also discuss your visual expectations and goals to make sure that they are appropriate.
A preoperative LASIK consultation includes:
- Review of your eye history
- Assessment of your refractive stability
- Counseling about various options for refractive surgery
- Testing of eye dominancy
- Inspection of cornea and eye health
- Testing your current refraction and vision prescription
After your preoperative consultation, we will advise you as to whether or not surgery is a good option. If the decision is made to proceed with surgery, all of your information will be forwarded to a recommended eye surgeon.
What is LASIK Co-Management?
LASIK co-management is a helpful and essential service that our optometrists provide before and after your LASIK surgery. We will work together with your eye surgeon to make sure that you receive comprehensive instructions and information about LASIK, as well as first-rate eye care when you need it.
Our co-management services for LASIK consist of the following parts:
- Consultation: our Las Vegas, Nevada, eye doctors will explain the surgery to you, with a full discussion of the benefits and risks. We invite you to ask all your questions, and we’ll answer them patiently. To check your candidacy for LASIK, you will also need a comprehensive eye exam, during which we will assess your corneal thickness and curvature, tear film, vision prescription, and the structure of your eyelids. If the results determine that you are a good candidate for LASIK, we will refer you to a top eye surgeon nearby.
- Pre-operative eye care: our optometrist will assist you to arrange your LASIK surgery with the eye surgeon, and we will handle your complete pre-op check-up. During this appointment, we will also provide clear instructions for the day of your LASIK procedure, tell you what to expect, and explain the healing process.
- Post-operative eye care: most patients need to visit our Las Vegas, Nevada, eye doctor on the day following your LASIK surgery. We will check to make sure that your eyes are healing properly. After this initial eye exam, you will need to return to our office for regular examinations throughout the next few weeks and months.
Why Do I Need LASIK Co-Management?
There are numerous benefits to visiting our office for co-management, as opposed to using only your eye surgeon for all preoperative and postoperative care. Look at these advantages:
- Comprehensive information: your Las Vegas, optometrist will take the time to respond to your questions, as well as give you detailed guidance and reassurance. Many eye surgeons do not have the time to provide this type of patient care.
- Convenience: all of your appointments will be held in our comfortable and pleasant local clinic, so you won’t need to travel far or spend extra time in an impersonal hospital setting.
- Personalized eye care: you will receive attention from an experienced and compassionate eye doctor who knows you and is familiar with your eye health and history.
- Affordable and accessible care: our office is open during the hours that you need, five days a week. If you experience any problems, you can contact us for immediate, affordable assistance.
LASIK co-management will transform your whole experience of laser refractive surgery into a smooth process. From deciding whether or not to have the procedure to providing medical care while your eyes heal, our Las Vegas, Henderson, Spring Valley & Paradise, Nevada, eye doctors will guide you through every step, from start to finish.
Our team of experienced optometrists will use many different testing procedures to check your eyes. Our Las Vegas, office is fully equipped with the latest equipment. To determine visual acuity, you will be asked to read a standard eye chart and we will check refractive error. To diagnose or rule out any eye diseases, we will inspect your inner eye tissues with a high-powered lens. This exam also provides significant information about your overall health.
For more information about comprehensive eye examinations Call EyeCare About Vegas on (702) 508-7058 in Las Vegas, Nevada to schedule an eye exam with our optometrist, Dr. Coker.
Alternatively book an appointment online here CLICK FOR AN APPOINTMENT